I am currently OPEN to review requests. However, at the moment, I’m being pretty picky because I’m up to my eyeballs in books. All requests that make it clear that you have NOT read my review policy/list of acceptable review requests will be deleted. My time is important to me, as I’m sure yours is to you, so I’m appreciative when you take the 5 seconds to read my policy. I just don’t have the time to respond when you do not.
Things I Am NOT Accepting:
– non-fiction requests: I do read non-fiction but I’m pretty selective about what I read and have not found a review request in last few months that has been what I’d read.
Genres I Read
I recommend getting a feel for what I read by taking a look at my review archive. I do read quite a variety of things but these are the genres I typically read.
– contemporary/realistic YA
– dystopian YA
– YA science fiction
– YA mystery
– YA fantasy
– YA historical fiction
– literary fiction
– romance (very picky!)
– historical fiction
What Forms I Will Accept
– physical copy (ARC or Paperback or hardcover)
– digital copies (I have a Kindle)/// Currently not accepting Digital Copies..
What Should You Include In Your Review Request To Make It Easier For Both Of Us
– the summary
– the release date
– any relevant information (especially anything that shows why this would be a good fit for me based on what you see on my blog)
– If you have a time frame for when you expect the review to be posted, please let me know that as that will greatly influence my decision and I will have to see if we can commit to that timeline.
What Happens If I Accept Your Book For Review?
Before sending me a review request please understand that by accepting or receiving a book, I do not guarantee that it will be read immediately or posted on the blog immediately. I’ve got an ever growing stack of books that I want to read and a pretty busy life as well as the fact that I’m very much a mood reader. I will try my very best to read and review in a timely manner but it’s not always doable.
If the book is an ARC, I will try and publish the review on or around the release date and not before. I MAY do a Save the Date for it, in addition, if I really enjoyed it.
I also reserve the right to NOT post a review of your book should I not feel comfortable doing so. This could be because I’ve run out of time, didn’t really have anything to say about it, etc.
What happens if I didn’t enjoy your book?
All of my reviews will be my honest opinion and it is quite possibly that I won’t enjoy your book and my review will be clear of that. Please understand that I will not write a glowing review just because you sent me the book. Not my style, sorry. If you are not okay with the fact that a negative review could be written, I might not be a good fit to send a review request to. I spend time reading a book and I feel like I reserve the right to talk about that experience — even if it is negative. By sending a review request to me, you are acknowledging that a review may be negative, albeit respectful, and I would appreciate that your response to my review be gracious and not attacking (I hate that I have to say this but it’s happened before where an author takes issue with a review).
In addition to reviews, what else are you open to?
– author interviews: Will be picky.
– giveaways: I will only post a giveaway of a book I have read or am anticipating to read!
– blog tours: Like with giveaways, I have to have interest in the book being promoted or have enjoyed it. I only do blog tours with interesting, exclusive content. I want the content to be valuable to my reader and not something copy and pasted from blog to blog.
– exclusive cover reveals: With this, it has to be for an author I’ve read or a book I’m excited about. I say exclusive because I do not want to be one of 100 bloggers revealing on the same day
– guest blogging: I am interested in guesting blogging on OTHER blogs and I will accept guest bloggers with topics I am interested to and that are relevant to my site.
I am NOT open to:
– promo blitzes
– anything spammy
– posting about your book when I have not read it
– paid reviews on my site
– guest blogging that is not relevant to my site.
Where should I contact you with my review request?
aaryanrahi (at) bskuare (dot) com
If you have followed my guidelines and your book falls under my things I’m requesting and you have NOT heard from me, I apologize but sometimes I’m not apply to respond to every request. I really do try though as I’m very honored you want me to read YOUR book!
I am not paid to blog or review. I wish I was but sadly I’m not. I’m just a boy who loves to read and talk to other book loving folks. So, please keep that in mind when wanting to work with me. I don’t run a tight schedule with my reading because it makes it not fun for me and I’ll only accept deadlines that I agree to first.